Monday 26 November 2007

Phew...this is hard work!!!

The blogging, not the Home Edding....well, maybe sometimes!
One of the first purchases for our new house....3 little bantam crosses to lay us free range eggs every day!!!
The first seeds planted in eagerness....no vegetable patch dug yet, but that was a minor detail!!!



So many photos that I want to post...I didn't realise that it was so difficult. All the other blogs make it look easy!! Maybe I'm not doing it right!!!



Anyway, back to the job in hand......



Then we decided that it would be cool to hatch our own chickens

6 eggs : 4 hatched, 1 died before it hatched properly and one was infertile....(the dark brown one which was difficult to candle and be sure!!)
I did try to identify the sex of them by using the feathering method....I made it 2 boys and 2 girls.
Amazing to watch them hatch, get up on their feet and eat chick crumbs all in the space of 24 hours!!!

1 comment:

funkyhan said...

I am quite jealous. I let my 4 hens and duck go to a friend just before last christmas since i was 6mths preg and wasn't sure if i could cope with the extra workload. i miss them horribly!

you are doing a fab job of this blog - i'm really enjoying reading about it all :)