Tuesday 22 January 2008

Follow the spiders...

David (my 7 year old) is a real Harry Potter fan. I mean he is really in to it. He will listen to Stephen Fry's recordings of the first three books over and over again. He uses quotes from the books in his conversation, talks about it as though it is 'real' and can be heard practising spells and incantations in his room!! To the point where I was getting a little concerned that he was doing little else, except for the odd dog walk, playing on his bike and a bit of role playing with his lego. So you can imagine my delight when on Sunday he got down the box of Knex and asked me to help me make some of the models..a motorbike, go kart and tractor. Then he went off by himself with it, and came up with these!


For those of you familiar with 'The Chamber of Secrets' you will already have guessed that this was coming!! A selection of spiders. So much for the distraction from Harry Potter!!



And then yesterday, Jonathan (my 11 year old) had the chance to try out his off road board properly.


His physical ability is just awesome!

While ALL the boys were out in the woods enjoying themselves, i managed to speak to a contact from our local college about an opportunity that exists for 14 year olds. It seems that it may be possible to get Tom ( my 13 year old) on to a course in Motor Vehicle Engineering next September for one day a week plus 50 days of on hands experience at, get this, the Land Rover centre of development near to us. Tom's really in to Landys and we're just hoping that he will manage to get a place next year. What an opportunity!

Also on the exciting things for Tom front, we are hoping that he is going to go to Australia to stay with friends this year...an opportunity not to be passed up I think. We're looking in to the costs etc at the moment but as long as our friends are happy with the arrangements then I think he'll be able to go. Suddenly it's all systems go!

No comments: