Tuesday 2 December 2008

An HE moment.

I just had to share this with you all....
William, as some of you know has been using a potty/toilet for a long time now, but it only dawned on me this morning *embarrassed squirm* that even using the toilet is a Home Educating moment. Now please excuse me for the wording here...it is entirely his own and has to do with the way he categorises his animals/toys/food/drinks etc
It was pretty early this morning..about 7 I think, and he was sitting on the toilet doing a poo. He made a straining face and as he heard the noise below he said 'big poo' and this was closely followed by another noise and he said, 'baby poo'. I realised at that moment how amazing that is for a 2 and a half year old to know the size of the poo by the noise it makes as it hits the water below!!! He has been doing it for a long time but the whole science facts had escaped me until now!!!
And with that thought, I shall leave you in peace ;-)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Ha ha ha!!!!!

Big mamma frog said...

Er...I thought everyone did this. What, you mean it's something you're meant to grow out of? Oh...

Big mamma frog said...

Just wanted to wish you guys happy Christmas from all of us. Have loved reading your blog and it's inspired me to keep on at mine! Write more in the new year!!

Carolyn said...

Thank you Big Mamma Frog...the feeling is mutual. You keep me going at times when I feel that I am losing strength.