Monday 19 July 2010

Oh why, oh why?

Is settling in at home after a camping trip so difficult for me?
I know there are several people that couldn't wait to get home from HESFES for various reasons, but not me.
I am the same after every camping trip, I think.
I have no desire to leave my canvas living accommodation and swap it for the square bricks and mortar that I am in now.
In fact more so the last two times than any other. The bell tent is so lovely, and the weather has been really good that I contemplated loading the car again this morning to whizz off to The Lakes or somewhere.
Yes. Already.
But instead, I am off to visit a needy friend, and then come back to try to finish sorting out what needs to be sorted.
Why do we have so much stuff?
Why can't we live like that all summer?
Why do I love the minimal living so much?

Although I would miss my books and wool :-)

Will post a bit about Hesfes later xx

2 comments:

Big mamma frog said...

I think camping gives us an excellent excuse to run away from all the grim realitites of domesticity...but that does mean that we have to face up to it all again on our return home {g}. I'm not sure that running away again is necessarily the solution (although I suppose we could join a travelling circus and do it for a living lol).

Surely if we loved the minimalistic living so much we'd be motivated to just chuck everything out of the house..? But we don't, do we, so I figure there must be more to it than that.

One of the positives I find about camping is that, having managed with so little for a week (or longer) I always come back to the house refreshed with new inspiration to declutter and sort. It also makes me grateful for the little luxuries in life - like a hot bath and the internet!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Folks! Looking forward to hearing all about HesFes.

I totally agree with Big Mama. I love to camp, Ilove to declutter but I too love to have a bath and yes to the internet! LOL!

Rebecca x