Tuesday 10 June 2008

Technical Fault.

You know when someone says that their computer breaks down or the hard drive dies and you say, 'Oh,poor you,that must be awful. Have you lost everything?'
Well my laptop has done just that. We have what they call the BSOD and we are currently unable to access anything. But it isn't just awful. It is a nightmare. An absolute disaster. All our photos are stored on it, all my HE documents and downloads, emails etc etc
I have stuff on there that I have no othe copies of. Music. David's Word program. I have internet access to my bank...but only on there!!! (Can't remember our number off the top of my head) I have contacts I have made for HE and goats that are only on there!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAh!!!
Luckily I have a friend who has a gadget that we hope will be able to retrieve all my stuff. But she lives 8 miles away and I am currently suffering with a knee injury that happened last week so I can't drive!!!! (Someones 5 and a half stone labrador came full pelt across the field and slammed straight into the side of my knee whilst playing with Sophie.Ouch!)AAAAAAh!!!!
We use our computer so much downstairs and it now means that I will have to sacrifice my new laptop that Rob got me just after the CD drive went on the other one (although I foolishly didn't put all my stuff on to it yet!!!! Too busy with garden and animals etc!) to be the downstairs computer or we will have to get another one as the boys use it a lot.
UGH

But at least I put the most recent photos on here!! And I still have all my bookmarks I guess which I thought initially I had lost.Phew. But email addresses are a bit elusive so if you are reading this and not heard from me for a while then you'll know why.....so get in touch!!!!

No comments: