Friday 20 August 2010

Softly, softly.

Last week, we went to visit this lovely Alpaca farm. It isn't too far from us and I have a sneaking suspicion we will be visiting there quite regularly from now on!! The wool is so lovely and soft and the colours are just gorgeous.
The lady in the shop was lovely and spent time talking to David and answering his questions. She helped me to find some wool for a couple of little projects and then directed us to the nusery field where we saw some baby alpacas.

Aren't they cute?

















I wonder which alapaca donated the fleece for these?





















I'm sure it wasn't this little fellow, as he was less than an hour old!!!!

2 comments:

Big mamma frog said...

Very cute (alpaca and mini trousers!). What's alpaca like to knit with?

Carolyn said...

It is truly lovely wool. Very soft and feels lovely on the needles. I loved it but then I love browns!!!