Monday 4 October 2010

Because there are times that only blogging about the good things will make you feel better.



Will on our walk this morning. We snuck out with the dogs by ourselves to walk around the reservoir. It was lovely being just the two of us. We don't often get the chance.



These are sitting beside me right now on the table. Hazel wood threading blocks and buttons. Cut and drilled by Jonathan, sanded by myself and David and oiled by me with a little help from Will.



A rainy morning spent doing puzzles on my bed under the watchful eye of the cat. He likes to oversee these things!


Wooden pieces with lovely pictures. Will did the whole boxful. About 12 in total, I think.
Ok, so this next one isn't wooden, but it's great isn't it? Hands up, who remembers 'Ivor the Engine'? Didn't he have a little dragon that lived in the funnel?

And these. Compare bears. I bought them last year and they get played with quite regularly. Will loves to line them up!

And some fungi pictures. I love fungi and can't resist taking photos of them. Like noone has ever done that before! The first two are the ears that Will found on a trunk. Remarkably like the BFG I thought. The same type as the mouse ears we found last autumn but a different shape for some reason?

And look at the vein like markings when the sun is shining through it!

Jonathan's brain fungus.....hmm, slightly smaller than last year. Should I be worried? Maybe I should inform the LEA? What do you think?!


David and Will doing cave paintings in front of the fire on another grey day. See? Rainy days are definitely good for some things!!

This picture isn't quite so good but it holds the memory of a lovely walk with David one Saturday morning not so long ago. It is a beautiful big oak that has lost a branch in the wind. And what a branch!!!

And David's ladybirds he found on yet a different walk. I've never seen so many in one place like that before! Any ideas why?

So I can push those negative thoughts that keep crowding my head space out of the way, so that these good ones have room to spread out, because there are many. Its just that the negative ones are so much more powerful and strong.

6 comments:

funkyhan said...

cool photos :)

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Big mamma frog said...

Hang on to those positive thoughts :)

Ladybirds probably doing their hibernation thing...well that's my guess anyway.

Lovely photos.

word verification this time is 'denser'. Is someone trying to tell me something?

Carolyn said...

Hibernation. Now there's a thought. And lol at the word... on the same note, did you pick that wool because of its name (madder) or was it a beautiful coincidence?

Anonymous said...

always look on the bright side of life and keep the positive thoughts in your mind because your a fantastic MUM! so keep it up girl
love you lots
GRANNY MAGGIE CORNWALL
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Carol said...

I think the dragon was called "Idris" Now I'm showing my age......!
So sorry we didn't get to see you when you were down this way. Come and see us soon!

Carolyn said...

Thank you XX
Hmm, Idris. Will is patiently waiting for a package to arrive in the next few days so he can see what his crazy mummy is going on about. Humming, making train noises and doing a seriously BAD welsh accent. Lol.