Saturday 9 October 2010

A fragrant and colourful Saturday.

This morning we went for a walk in the woods and spotted fungi all the way around as is usual for this time of year.
There are just so many this year, presumably because it has been so warm and wet recently. The colours of the fungi range from some beautiful pastel rose pink, to creamy yellow, sea green and almost lilac to grey, ochre and the wonderful speckled effect of the parasol mushrooms. We also saw a stinkhorn in all its white and dark green glory and a whole trail of curvy, funnel type ones in light brown.
Then home to put a couple of tops that i haven't been wearing because of the stark white/cream colour of them. I chose a terracotta brown from the local hardware shop. Ok, so it isn't a natural dye, but at least I bought it locally!!
Well, needless to say, as I should have well known, that as there may have been slightly more than the weight if material reccomended, they turned out salmon pink!!!! Oh help!!!!
At least the other projects that David and I have been working on have turned out the right colour....purple and amber, with wonderful fragrances of lavender, sandlewood and honey.
The house smells lovely. But the washing machine is on again :-( with my attempt to rectify my ridiculous error! Dark brown dye this time....fingers crossed!!!

5 comments:

funkyhan said...

cool -- can't wait to see them!!

Big mamma frog said...

Yeah done the same thing with dye...ended up with much paler version because I stuffed too much material in the dye. Good luck with the next batch!

Anonymous said...

I'v dyed my hair of which i thought would come out a nice blonde BUT!!!! it turned out Orange and wow!did'nt it show off in the summer sun.
Granny

Carol said...

Oooo can I be nosy! What's all the lovely smelling stuff? We're going to attempt to make soap this week :-/

Carolyn said...

Sssh, it was soap!! Don't tell anyone!!! :-P