Sunday 8 February 2009

And tonight, breaking news....

Whilst sharing a very loving and relaxing bath with William this evening (has to be a first!!!) I noticed a few but very suspicious looking spots on his back....they looked slightly raised, almost blistery. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you Han? ;-)

So we could be blessed with Chicken Pox for the next few weeks. Luckily Tom and Jonathan have had it already, but David was about 4 weeks away from being born when they had it so I guess he could be a candidate for spots too.

4 comments:

Big mamma frog said...

Ah well...I suppose it's better to get it as a kid than risk getting it as an adult, but I'm guessing there's never a good time! Thankfully, all mine have had it now. When dd got it age 3/4 a friend recommended giving her some antihistamine liquid. It worked a treat - took the edge off the itch, and helped her sleep without scratching(and far less messy than calamine lotion!) Hope David doesn't suffer too much.x

Big mamma frog said...

oops sorry, just reread and realised I put 'David' instead of 'William'. Doh! That's what comes of spending too much time in front of my laptop...

Carolyn said...

Hey, that's ok. I do it all the time!!!

funkyhan said...

ha. I hoped it would be too early for her to be contagious!! I am glad you don't have it dude... Am also glad it's over for Eve now! And I would agree with Big mama frog that antihystamine worked a treat at night... wouldn't like to use it all the time because it makes her drowsy too... She didn't actually scratch that much either... benefit of being young I guess... apparently they don't link the feeling of itching to the action of scratching!! weird.