Friday 27 March 2009

Here's what we've been doing

My feelings of this morning have subsided slightly and thought I would upload these pictures now.



Louis has settled in really well and is proving to be the source of much hilarity. He is excellent at asking to go out to the toilet and we have only had a couple of accidents which have been due to us not seeing him ask. He has also been very good at night which I gather can be a real difficult time for pups...the first night we had a little whining, but each time I let him out and he squeezed out a little wee and then eventually settled for the night. Since then he makes a few noises but settles very quickly...thank goodness! I guess it is just because he is so exhausted from th edays activities here!! He has been to the local shop a couple of times, the park, the bridleway and even a short outing to our local woodland.


He is also looking forward to his first bike ride!!!


We went to a different farm shop the other day and they have piggies that you can go and see. I lurve piggies. They are so funny to watch!! David loves them too!!!



David and I had an afternoon to ourselves the other day and we managed to fit in lots of 'schooly' things. He finished his The Very Hungry Caterpillar colour in yourself book that he started a while ago. He wanted to get it finished for William's birthday but the last page was the butterfly and needed lots of work!!!



A few pages of words with the same vowel sounds which he did really well. The best he has ever done. The writing was coming more easily as was the spelling of the words. He was as pleased as I was!!



A little book about the life cycle of a frog which needed colouring and writing. These little books from Enchanted learning have formed a large part of the 'work' that I do with David.



Will wanted to do one of his own!




And here are our tadpoles that Jonathan collected the other day, well some of them. Some others had already hatched and he has taken them outside in a bigger container.


That just leaves me with an update on Tom's off road buggy...



The frame is almost there now.

He took the photos himself, so this picture must be of a bit of welding that he is particularly proud of!





4 comments:

Liz said...

Nice welding! Yeah, like I'm any judge!

As for your feelings from this morning, just wanted to acknowledge that I also feel like this sometimes. And I have another girl in the house and only 2 children not 4! And I have family close by.
You're a great mum of 4 great kids but you need time out, time and space for yourself sometimes. You need to add this to the rotuine somehow so you don;t have to ask for it as and when. Get out of the house for something regular - not necessarily a class or anything, but something regular that is pre-arranged so that everyone knows that mum has to go out at such a time on such a day.
And get some time to yourself in the house too. A long bath, time to read alone in the bedroom during the day - something. Better to ask for this than get depressed again.
Hope things seem better soon!

Carolyn said...

Thanks Liz. good to hear it from someone else!!
Think that is why I pushed for another dog....a reason to escape alone!!!

funkyhan said...

Looks like good welding to me :)

Love the books you're doing with David... am jealous, and slightly wishing the next few years away in my mind so that I can do that sort of thing with Eve... lol.

Louis sounds wonderful! Can't wait to meet him!

Miss you dude!

dottyspots said...

I know nothing about welding, but it looks good to me ;0)

I'd love a child-carrying trailer so I could bike to the woods (it's daft that I currently have to get two buses to get there when ds2 just bikes it). Although I have my eye on the lovely Dutch/Danish trikes out there - but as dh points out, with the cost of one of those I could learn to drive (although it still wouldn't take me directly into the woods - I reckon over a year I could pretty much save the cost of one of those trikes in busfare!)