Monday 30 March 2009

New blogging spot

No I don't mean, a new blog completely! Just a new time spot for doing such things. Be it reading or writing.
This is mainly thanks to Louis who is obviously much like having a new crawling baby that wakes early. When he wakes, or I wake or Rob's alarm goes off, i sneak off downstairs to let him out in the garden. Then I make a cup of tea and we go back into the living room where it is warm and he plays while I drink my tea and read my emails and do a bit of blogging. Well, that's the plan anyway!!!! Writing is proving to be much more difficult while wrestling with a 5 month old puppy who is all teeth and legs!!
I like the early mornings when everyone is still asleep and all you can hear is the birdsong. It's a bit later today and now I can hear cars and a few voices too. But generally it is quiet.
Soon I'll be sneaking off on early morning walks too, but for now I'm enjoying being able to sit in the living room with Louis and use the laptop undisturbed! I said undisturbed, Louis!!!
I have just been reading some blogs of other HE'rs that have much younger children than me, and it has occurred to me how much the school system has an effect on your lives, long after you remove them from it. I love the way their lives sound...they seem to have so much more time, or is it just head space to reflect upon things, or are they just better at letting things happen and observing such things?
Life here always seems to be so full of things we ought to do, things we need to do today, or things that we have to do before something else happens. Yet compared to others around me here, we seem so laid back and relaxed with no fixed agenda or plan for the days ahead. I know blogs are great at only showing others what you want them to see, but you can get a feel for people from their writing can't you. I want to be more relaxed. More laid back and more appreciative on a day to day basis of things around me. I do notice the nature around me but it always seems that I take it for granted now. Never really seeing what is there, as I would've done when my big boys were small.
That's my one down side to HE I think, that the littlest one is somehow missing out on precious slow walks, playing his way in the garden, going to the park, cooking with mummy and just doing things for him. Does anyone know what I mean?
I will muse further on that and lots of other things in the coming week...they are all off to Cornwall tomorrow in the Moon Buggy and I will be left alone with Louis for a much needed break. Trouble is, I have so many things I want to do!!!
LOL

2 comments:

Big mamma frog said...

Yes I think I know what you mean. Sometimes I worry that my youngest never gets to do the things my eldest got the chance to do when he was her age. But looking back - and having a reality check - I realise that actually I probably never did these marvellously inspirational things with the older children either (and the eldest was in full-time daycare from 4 months until he was 5 so he probably got less of me than the others have since)! I think there is always a list of 'shoulds' and 'ought to's, and even if you completed every item on your list, you can guarantee that there would be another niggling list queuing right up behind it! All you can do is be a good enough parent, do and fix what you can, and try to be there for the kids when they need you. I often wonder what my kids will remember about their childhood...it certainly wont be the things that I got stressed out about, it'll be the little stuff like ice cream, woodland walks and the dog! I'm glad you're enjoying your new pup; I've spent today trying to pick fleas off ours: he wasn't happy!

Carolyn said...

Yes, I guess you are right. I can remember very little of my childhood, which is actually very scary really. Long walks in the scorching sun with my family and only enough drink left for a sip each! Keeping chickens and selling the eggs. Dad's vegetable patch. Primary school which I hated. Secondary was much better but I was always questionning and arguing the point of things!!
I certainly can't remember the very early days. Thank you Big Mamma Frog, for being the voice of reasoning!
Louis is fab....when boys are back we are on our way to see you. Definitely.