Wednesday 23 September 2009

Clutter

Today we had a phonecall at about 1pm, when we had just arrived home from a morning in the woods and desperate for lunch, from the heating company asking if they could come to fit the new heating tomorrow.
TOMORROW!!!!
TOMORROW???
Well, we obviously said yes because we are desperate to have hot water again, and heating too now that the evenings are getting colder. But, tomorrow?
Anyone who knows us, will be sharing my feelings of horror as I looked around me at the mammoth task ahead.
We have to clear the dining room, the hallway, our room and allow access to every room in the house for new radiators and obviously there will be floorboards up etc etc etc
OMG we have soooooo much stuff!!!
I am a hoarder it is true. I hate to throw anything away. I collect things that I think might be useful for future projects. I have a huge collection of books and have two bookcases on the landing full of books that both have to be moved so the floorboards can be taken up for pipework. I have done the bookshelf in the dining room this afternoon and the shelf unit full of puzzles and craft stuff. I have boxed up one bookcase upstairs. Tomorrow when I get home from work I will have to make a start on the second one upstairs...and then there is our room!!!!
It is like a second storage space and halfway house for things on their way to the loft. Eeeeeek!
I wish I could have a clear out of things but it is impossible when you HE four boys....books, puzzles and games that span the age group from 3 - adult, drawing and craft stuff to suit all sorts, shoes and coats and fleeces and boots and waterproofs etc etc etc...it is just impossible!!!
Right off to get the wee ones into bed....two boys to read to before I can rest! Room on the broom for Will, and David and I are over halfway on The Deathly Hallows.

3 comments:

globeonmytable said...

Good luck with all the moving around. Maybe you will find some long lost treasures. Maybe the workmen will be able to give you a hand.

Carol said...

Don't throw out any of that precious stuff! You know you'll want it the moment it's gone!!

Good news about the heating though : )

Big mamma frog said...

As they say 'Junk is the stuff you keep for 15 years, and throw out a week before you need it'!

Similarly cluttered here. Am always shamed when I go to other's houses and they have so little stuff (compared with us). It makes me feel like some obese person who secretly binges on massive bars of chocolate (IYKWIM !).

Hope the shuffling goes well...you never know, it might inspire you to have a sort-out or rearrange...