Wednesday 23 September 2009

Yes it is!!! Here's the proof!!

Pictures of yesterdays experiment....
Some of the honeycomb in the saucepan.
The melting has begun!!!!
The mould all ready to go...a bit optimistic possibly!!!
The melted wax after the mass has been removed. All that honeycomb reduced to this!!
The mass that was left, squeezed to get every last drop out!!!

The finished candle!!!!


The dark part at the top is where we used all of the honeycomb even the dirtier looking bits...we didn't have that much so couldn't afford to leave any out. I guess it could've been filtered but not sure what we could have used for this.
I still can't believe that it was that easy!!!!
And here it is on the seasons table.


And a quick note to let you know that Tom has his own blog now....its on my list. Landykid. He's using it to document his progress with his Vitara. He's doing the body lift today....I wonder whether it would work for me too?!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Feel a bit silly but I hadn't really thought where bees
wax came from before!
Candle came out really well though..most impressed (as usual)!