Saturday 26 September 2009

Well, we survived!!

Plumbers have gone. Radiators and boiler all installed and working. We have hot water and warmth!!
We have no timer or controller as yet. That will be the electrician's job on Monday apparently. Not that anyone has told us who or when or anything!!! Then we hope there will be a builder/Mr fix it man who will come and sort out the holes etc We currently have a BIG hole in the dining room where the gas fir and back boiler was, which is drafty and bringing black dust (presumably coal dust from a previous life) with it.
But all in all, it is done. What a relief.
And I had a letter arrive yesterday too...we have an allotment!!! For real this time, not just a carrot dangled in front of our nose only to be whisked away again a moment later! It is, as last time, only a half plot, but that is bigger than the plot I have here at home. I am thinking about all the onions, potatoes, parsnips and leeks I can plant there, leaving more room for carrots, beetroot, peas, beans etc here at home.
It is need of weeding as it has been neglected for the last season but it doesn't look too bad, and there is a path down the middle already dividing it so at least that bit is easy. The allotment organiser had left us to decide who has which half though, so I need to make a phonecall. I hope it is a nice person that we are sharing with! Part of me wants to get down there weeding it straight away, and the other half wants to get my house sorted.....but there is no competition really!!! The allotment isn't ours until Thursday though so unfortunately that is plenty of time to unpack the boxes of stuff and put things back where they were.
I'm just not sure I want to!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi
thats fantastic news an allotment. can i place my order now HE!HE!. i'm so glad that everything is ok with the heating, just think how nice and warm you are all going to be.Cant wait for mine.
take Carolyn
love you Granny