Sunday 27 December 2009

Pictures of our crafty makes...

The last few posts have been lacking in photographs so I thought I would make up for it today, although there are still a couple more to do another day!!!
This one is our season table with the initial wintry feel to it.

Lots of hand made decorations this year...Rob made a wreath for the front door and we had some real greenery above the mirror in the living room. These snowflakes were an idea I 'borrowed' from Hannah, and we liked them so much we made some in different colours! If you look closely in the first picture you can see some of the paper chains too.

A two tone pink one!!!!

And a much smaller one for the tree in classic seasonal colours....

These are the home made edible goodies we made....truffles, iced gingerbread biscuits, lebkuchen and Jonathan's favourite, peppermint creams!! We packaged them up seperately and in different ways. I enjoyed making the little boxes and bags too!!

This is the celebration ring that I made from clay inspired by the wooden ones from Myriad. They are a lovely idea, but sooooo expensive So, failing to persuade Jonathan to make me a wooden one, I fashioned this one from the air drying clay we had. We used it for all three of the birthdays we had before christmas using the numbers that I made from clay to decorate them. William and David helped to paint those. I need to find some candles the right size for the holes that I made. We used cake candles in wooden holders that Rob made out of a length of Hazel, but they burn down too quickly. It made a nice centrepiece for the table on the day anyway, though.

The baggy Waldorf doll I made for my friends liitle girl designed to be a bedtime companion. A very soft squashy body ideal for cuddling.

The very simple Waldorf first doll I made for her wee one. At 5 months she is teething and so I'm hoping this will not only give her something to cuddle but something to chew on aswell!!!

And this is the traditional limbed doll I made for William. He has dungarees made from bits of old jeans, a t shirt from one of my old t-shirt's sleeves and his hat is an odd sock of David's!!!! Quite pleased with him as a first attempt at this style, although his head is a little elongated...it should be a little rounder.

I always enjoy making and giving handmade presents. They always feel more special somehow.Jonathan and David loved their socks and Jonathan wore them every day for about 5 days!!!! I wish I had taken a photo of them on the first day he wore them, as they are now a little worse for wear! Photos of those and the hot water bottle covers I made coming soon!!!! I just need to start earlier next year!!!!
Receiving homemeade presents is always lovely too...some lovely hand knitted dish cloths from Hannah and a lovely little knitted elephant for Will. He's gorgeous xx

6 comments:

Carol said...

Some really lovely stuff! Well done.

I really want to make most (if not all) of my gifts for next year but it is time consuming. Probably need to work on them all year!!

Anonymous said...

hi
many thanks for my hand made sweets. truffles especialy nice.
the little bags were really good
bye for now
granny cornwall

funkyhan said...

all VERY cool!! You will have to show me how to make one of those dolls at some point in the future... He is CUTE! (as are the lovely dollies you made for us!)

We loved the sweetie here too :D

Definately need to start earlier here too...

rebntel said...

Well done girlie! Loved the dollies. Where's mine?

Louise said...

I love your dolls Carolyn, so cute. Got a recipe?? I'd like to have a go. I bought Emily a ragdoll from a craft fair for xmas and she loves her. Just goes to show thst today's children still do want and love 'real' toys doesn't it?
Hope to catch up soon, my new baby will be here by end of Jan I reckon, so would love you to come and meet him. XX

Lisa G said...

They are all just lovely, I'm so jealous, I wish I could do the crafty stuff, the will is there just not the ability!