Monday 8 June 2009

Completed Frog lapbook


Another lapbook that David and I made from Homeschoolshare. David enjoys the colouring in, and there is writing enough for him. He is keen to do more and this morning we bought a Pocket of Time for the first Spiderwick Chronicles book. It came from Currclick and it was a downloadable purchase, which meant we could get on with it there and then. Strike while the iron was hot, so to speak. I know we claim to be autonomous, but it is his choice. He enjoys doing them and so do I! Although my conscience is struggling slightly with the amount of paper we use for all these printable things. We still probably use less than they would at school.
I also had the bigger two boys sitting down with Maths workbooks today. It was quite amusing to see their faces drop! They dutifully sat there and worked through a few pages and completed a multipplication square each. David and Willie used the computer. Seussville and Numbertime. David realised yesterday that he could find Dino run and Bug on a wire from the long list on Mini clip. Hewas very pleased with himself.
Willie has been really joining in with things...he coloured in a Frog lapbook cover page too, colouring and drawing with a vengeance. In fact the other day Rob and I went to Compton Verney and Will was given a sketch pad by the receptionist. In one of the first rooms he was inspired to draw one of the figures from a big painting. It was a painting by Paolo Veronese of Diana and Actaeon. Naked ladies in a river basically!! His drawing was incredible, not because it was a fantastic drawing, but because he drew each part of her as he observed it it. Telling me what he was drawing as he was doing it. An artist, like his daddy!

9 comments:

funkyhan said...

LOL @ boys and Math workbooks!!

Love the lapbook, can't wait to do that sort of thing here!

So cute to hear about Will being a mini-artist like his daddy :)

Carol said...

Wow you're getting good at this lapbook malarchy thingy aren't you? But what's this.....workbooks? Funny thing is ,mine seem to like that sort of thing at the moment....HONEST!

Carolyn said...

LOL I know...the W word!!
Well, I'm such an ostrich about this whole government intervention issue that is the hot topic on every HE blog and yahoo group, that I figured if they're going to come and get me, then the least I can do for the boys is remind them what work actually is like at school!!
But David likes doing schooly things too so that's cool ;-)

Carol said...

What gets me is how are they supposed to be PAYING for all these possible changes? You'd think they had better things to worry about! I think it'll all fizzle out in a puff of excuses!

Carolyn said...

And seeing as they can't even keep track of the ones they DO know about already, how on earth do they think they are going to be organised enough to monitor and impose guidelines and standards on them AND a whole load of new ones they haven't accounted for!!!!????!!!!!

Carolyn said...

Hence the laid back, ostrich approach I have adopted!

Carol said...

I think I'm joining you.....

Carolyn said...

Doesn't mean you don't blog though! ;-)

Carol said...

Thought I'd been doing Ok lately : )

I am packing boxes at the mo you know!