Monday 22 June 2009

Time for a change

I have been toying with the idea for a while now of a new photo for the blog. Rob tried to get an updated version of the original Survival family photo from the beach in Cornwall, but to no avail. In a way, that wasn't what I wanted anyway. It is, I feel, time for a change. A shift in emphasis perhaps. Not sure really.
Since that photo in Cornwall, taken over 18 months ago, they have all changed dramatically, except maybe, David. Will was only 18 months old there and is now quite a little boy. Tom is now a proper young man, looking far older than his 14 years. Jon has left the boyish looks behind...looking much broader these days and certainly on his way to join Tom in the ranks of young men. It is scary.
So Will gets pride of place on the blog for a while, with the photo of him washing his hands in the stream near HE camp, still wearing his pyjamas!! Joining in with the spirit of things...the older ones and Rob actually got undressed and washed!! Many of you will know the struggle I have had in the last couple of years having another little one. It has been, and still is, a difficult situation, but hey, we're ok!!
My wee man is a keen artist. He loves looking at books, 'reading' books, and being read to. He loves Bob (family pony) and the ducks and chickens in the garden. He likes to help me in the veg patch and loves anything to do with outdoors and nature.
We're doing ok xx
The summer solstice brings changes for us all.

Post Script
I have just looked back at my first few posts in November 2007........where did all my grass go?!!!! *sigh* (shrugs shoulders and goes off to water the veg patch and shut in hens and ducks
;-) lol)

2 comments:

Big mamma frog said...

Aww..love the new photo. There's something wonderful about capturing that moment when children are totally absorbed in something. It reminds me of the photo of ds1 on the sand, the one that is at the top of my blog. Anyway, must go to bed...

funkyhan said...

Love the new photo!