Saturday 6 June 2009

Prairie inspired play on a wet Saturday




I remember posting a while back about the Little House on the Prairie dvds that i got for my birthday, but until today they remained unwatched.
This is mainly due to it being spring and we are always outside,and I have favoured The Waltons as family viewing in the daytime because after HE camp I wanted to read the books first.
Thanks Katy for the tip off !!!
So I found them all on Amazon and Ebay (Old copies from the 60's and 70's) and have been reading them as I have been too mentally drained or poorly to do much else. They are lovely. I really have enjoyed them...so much more than the twee TV series. Looking to share the stories with David and Jon just as soon as we have finshed Swallows and Amazons.
But today I instigated the above themed play at an attempt to introduce the subject , and feeling a bit bleugh, I fancied a quiet day in the living room. Yeah right!!
So I made wigwams from paper, closely followed by origami canoes for the indians and a covered for the Pioneers.
Very well received and the two littlies have been playing with it all day. They found all the animals and accessories to go with them and David fetched the illustrated atlas to help.
So we are in recovery folks.
Tom is away camping this weekend at an Off roading event at which he is helping, and Jon is making the most of the computer in his absence! You tube will be getting a hammering tomorrow no doubt if the rain continues! LOL
I'm plotting Little house and Indian lapbooks, just as soon as we have put the Frog one together.
Best get off now to get Swallows and Amazons finished so I can start Little house in the Big Woods.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Great to have you back! Sounds like you've been poorly......?

So impressed at how much you can do on a sofa!!!!!

Carol said...

Oops sorry......your prairie wasn't on the sofa was it?! Not terribly with it at the moment!

Carolyn said...

It was a sofa throw on the floor so you are forgiven!!!
I've just been fighting a virus I guess...sore throat, glands up, tired all the time, ear ache and headaches. Ugh. Also we had visitors.....very stressful time. Hence the lack of mental space.
Hope you guys are all ok xx