Wednesday 14 October 2009

And sew..........




This is my new craft that I was planning. It is a Waldorf style doll and my first attempt! I bought this pattern and supplies from a lady on Ebay, while waiting for my book and other supplies to arrive from Myriad. I was itching to get started!! This one is made from velour fabric with a stockinette stuffed head. He has a little bell in the end of his hat, and stitched features. Will and I decided not to leave this one with a floppy body, so stuffed it gently with organic wool this morning to make him more cuddly. I am really pleased with the way the head went, as apparently this is the most difficult bit and is kind of make or break really. If the shape isn't right, or the features aren't in the right place, it can look so wrong! But this is Turq and Will loves him. I have plans to make another, similar one for a friends little girl, and a more baby friendly one too. You know who you are!! ;-) And then I will move on to 'proper' dolls with stuffed bodies, and limbs with clothes and hair....I am so excited!! I loved making this one and hope that this could be the start of something.

9 comments:

Carol said...

The start of a business? =)

Carolyn said...

You know me far too well, Carol!!! Well, I need to find something to make money that I enjoy doing, benefits others, enables me to stay at home and to live anywhere!!!!
What do you think? Placing an order? ;-)

funkyhan said...

very cool dude :)

I will have to bring the elefante I knitted to show you next time we meet - he is cute too

rebntel said...

he is very like something my mother made a long time ago. Lovely!

Louise said...

Your doll is lovely Carolyn. I have been thinking up some "makes" ideas for Christmas presents. I can't afford to spend much on presents this year. Just hope I can find enough time to make!

Carolyn said...

We are contemplating a 'Homemade' christmas... trouble is, I can see that I will be the one doing ALL the making!!!!
Shame the boys don't all want dolls!!!

Big mamma frog said...

Yeah, that's the problem I find...I'm capable of making lots of things, it's just that noone I know would want the things that I can make! Any ideas for what I can do with mountains and mountains of all different sorts of material (loft insulation as dh calls it)?

Anonymous said...

hi Carolyn
i want one for christmas i think your doll is lovley one of them would look good on my bed
just a hint of a pressie yeah!!??
love Granny b

Anonymous said...

And sew i WONT one for my chrissie presant hint,hint. really loveable dolly i like it very much

Granny B