Tuesday 23 February 2010

I have come down with an horrific sore throat and that, coupled with my on going throat issue is actually rendering me quite pathetic!
That said, I have still made bread in my newly acquired breadmaker (Thank you Freecycle!!!!! Mine died on Saturday evening and I had been offered an almost new one and collected it within 24 hours!!! Fantastic!!!), done 3 loads of washing, made minestrone soup and cleaned the oven (yes, I know, why does it always feel so urgent when you feel so poorly?) and finished kntting my hat, and knitted most of the second one of my socks!
But, because I was so stationary yesterday, David and Will both played with the meccano in the living room and David built a fabulous digger following the set of instructions.....


And Will made this ladder to go with his fire engine. It's a portable one that they can move around easily!!!



Tom and Jon went to the farm shop for layers pellets and then Jon and David walked the dog.
We watched My Fair Lady in the afternoon in front of the fire while it snowed outside, and then David and I played cards before bed.
Jonathan made shortbread, which was enjoyed by all, and Tom took over at tea time, dishing up the jacket potatoes that I had put in the oven earlier.
So this afternoon, I am planning on finishing my sock, and then trying to decide which of the items on my long list of crafts to start next! I look at my sock wool stash and think I must start to make a dent in it, but then I look at the lovely green cotton yarn I have for face cloths and want to see them knitted up. And then of course David is wanting a balaclava like Jonathans, and Will is requesting a Waldorf baby doll....not enough hours in the day!!!
At least it is freezing cold outside and there is still snow on the ground, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on much by staying in by the fire again this afternoon. In fact, I'm relishing the excuse!!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Goodness me! I don't think I'm that productive when I'm on top of the world!!

I do hope you're feeling better soon though.

Big mamma frog said...

Hope you feel better soon!
I know the wool/project problem. Still haven't finished the second sock and I'm starting another project lol.

Lisa G said...

Hope you feel better!

Carolyn said...

Thank you!

Big mamma frog said...

Happy get well soon to you
Happy get well soon to you
Happy get well soon to you hoo
Happy get well soon to you!

(sung of course to the tune of happy birthday, because I'm tone deaf and it's the only tune I can sing).