Saturday 13 February 2010

This roundhouse.

People who know me, will know that I long to live in a roundhouse or a yurt or wooden house in the middle of the woods somewhere in Wales.
Obviously the logistics of this with 4 boys is somewhat horrific!!!! But maybe one day......when the country runs out of oil and food, and the government are forced to let us do such things, instead of putting ridiculous obstacles in the way of us lunatic people who want to do it!
Anyway, this morning Will and I tried to build a roundhouse with the duplo bricks but to be honest, even with Will's amazing imagination and my determination to make it work, it didn't really turn out that well.


Then David started talking about Hagrid's hut and that Lego have a set...


so we looked on their website and found the instructions to build it. We also looked on Ebay to see if we could buy one, but as we are both far too impatient, we went upsatirs and dug out all the bits from his Lego box that looked like they might be useful!!!


And this is what we made!!!!



It took a long time to find enough of the right sort of pieces and my back is aching now with bending over the floor (again!!!) for so long, but it was worth it, David is so pleased with it. I know the blue roof is a little bright, but that was the colour that we had most tiles in and it looked better in one colour, rather than a hotch potch of different greys and black. With David's knowledge of what bits we do have and me with the technical construction, we made a great team!!!!
A shame my hat didn't turn out too well.....but my loss is Will's gain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will looks so qute in his hat
your round house is good too!
good job you and David make a good team together
well done!.
love Granny c

Rosemary Dennis said...

As always, Carolyn, I'm so impressed by all the wonderful things that you and the family make, you are so inspirational to many, I'm sure.

Rob's Aunty Rose in Cornwall