Wednesday 3 February 2010

In sickness and in health.

Last night about half past ten, my poor Jonathan was sick. All over his bedroom floor. Poor boy. We sorted it out and removed the rug so that he could go to sleep. We left him with a bowl, just in case.
Less than three hours later, I suffered the same fate. I made it to the bathroom though, thank goodness.
I then went into each boys room and deposited a bucket, got back into bed, and still feeling awful, I sat awake listening for any sign that the others were going to follow suit.
We assumed that it was the chicken curry that I cooked for tea. It is only the second time I have cooked it from scratch and it was even better than the first attempt. I was really pleased with it, and everyone ate it!! I felt awful not least that I might be responsible for everyone else's suffering, but that the next day was going to be hell.
I eventually dropped off to sleep after about 2, maybe three hours, finally convinced that William and David were ok and that Tom and Rob could look after themselves if necessary!!!
So today has been a strange sort of day. I am so relieved that it wasn't my cooking, as it seems to have affected just the two of us, but I am also worried that if it is a bug, then the others may still get it!
I am so tired and have been lucky enough to have Rob home today, but while I have been up and about, mainly to reassure David that all is ok (he has a sick phobia), Jonathan stayed in bed for most of the day!
David felt compelled to make him a Get Well card, which he did mostly unaided, just a little verbal encouragement from me and I helped him to build some Knex models while the others went out and did a few errands.
Then we watched some episodes of Little House on the Prairie and learnt about rabies (that's rabies not babies!!) and about melting metal, amongst other things!!
So I guess what I'm saying is that every cloud has a silver lining, because although I have felt ill, it has been a productive day.
I just hope that tomorrow brings sunshine and good health as opposed to my worst nightmare....more rain and sick smalls.

4 comments:

Big mamma frog said...

Aww hope you both feel better soon. Sick bugs are such weird things. Sometimes they are really selective about who they strike down and other times...urggh...it's everyone.

by the way, I made the mistake of visiting a fab wool shop today (on the pretence of getting the kids out for a breath of fresh air lol). Bought two balls of expensive self-patterning camouflage sock wool and a couple of balls of cheapish chunky and a sock pattern for chunky wool socks on 2 needles (cos I'm quicker on 2 than 4 needles).

So much for my frugalness...lol

Louise said...

Oh that's horrible. I can relate to David's sickness phobia, I've become something of a vomit-phobe myself since having Hypermesis. Hope you and Jonathan are feeling alot better. It feels so WRONG being sick doesn't it? I know it's a natural thing but even so, it feels like hell. Sympathies.

Louise.

Carol said...

Poor you! There's nothing I hate more. It casts a dark cloud over everything....and that sitting listening in the night - horrid , but it's a "Mum" thing>

Hope you're all feeling better very soon. XXX

rebntel said...

Hope you're feeling better now!

love Rebecca x