Thursday 13 August 2009

Beetroot ice cream and my first tomato!

Well, here it is. Th efirst of my tomatoes turned red. It is only small...cherry variety but it tasted absolutely divine!! Even better than the organic veg box ones. Or maybe I'm just biassed?!Davis here, forcing the cooked beetroot through the sieve. Well, how else do you make beetroot puree?
And the finished bright fuschia pink mass!!!! Where did the wonderful deep purple go?
David wasn't too keen on it to be honest, although he loves beetroot. I think they needed to be cooked longer and therefore be sweeter before mashng them to a pulp. Would have made that job easier too!!!
But we made ice cream, fo rthe first time ever and without a fancy ice cream maker. It has an excellent texture and would definitely give it another go. Maybe a more conventional flavour next time....sorry Hugh :-(
Oh and we went to see Harry Potter last night.
*winces* while she can hear Han shouting and snorting in disgust and the unfairness of that last statement.
Sorry Han, but you know us.... lastminute.com and it was a later showing. I'm sure David would go again for company!!!
It was fantastic and dare I say the best of all of them so far? There were some cracking Ron moments and it went so quick. I'm not great at the cinema because of the loudness and massive screen gives me eye ache but it was fabulous.



1 comment:

funkyhan said...

no worries dude, I went to see it this morning :) was going to text and apologise -- glad I read this first :D it was good!! although i caught myself thinking "what a load of rubbish, they've completely made that bit up" in fact I was thinking "well *that* was completely fictional" completely forgetting that it is in fact all fictional anyway!!!!!