Monday 3 August 2009

The most memorable things from our escape from civilisation...

These two rings made by Rob...one for each of us. I just love them. Hand carved with love. And this phenomenon!!!!
Now I'm not saying that the boy doesn't read...just its usually horse magazines or fishing books. This is a fabulous fiction book called Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver, that I bought for Tom from a charity shop a while ago. He said that I would like it so I took it with me. I couldn't put it down. So I tentatively said to Jonathan that he would like it...and this is just one of the occaisions that he was sat reading. He read in the bothy. He read in the car. He read in the tent. He was engrossed completely. Jonathan sitting quietly with his nose in a book. For hours!!! Even reading by the light of his MP4 player until midnight. FABULOUS.
I bought the next two books in the series to read and now Rob is reading the first one too!!!


1 comment:

Carol said...

Rhiannon and Sam love the "Chronicles of Ancient Darkness" too - they're always waiting for the next one to come out!
It all looks quite idyllic by the way - hard to leave somewhere like that....