Tuesday 16 March 2010

An assortment of things.

This post is going to be an odd assortment of bits and bobs, I think. I can tell, because even now, as I am typing, I have no real idea of where this is going to go.
I just know that a post is overdue and I have a few photos to share, so I shall just make a start and see where we end up!
So firstly, a few pictures of our new member of the family. She travelled home with us last Tuesday from our friends where she wasn't really fitting in terribly well!! I think their words were unhandleable, which I am sure isn't a word!!!, and maybe even vicious was used too!! So, me being me, I lifted back the covers on her run expecting to see some kind of white sticky up eared rabbit, with pink eyes and big pointy teeth!!!
Instead I was greeted by this little lady...





Well, I say little but she is rather a large bunny and looks a little like a bear!! But she is gorgeous!!! Totally, 100% gorgeous!!
Anyway, I picked her up and she seems to really like me!!! So she is now, as you can see, happily pottering around in the garden and we are now a two rabbit family!!!
What on earth happened to my no useless pets rule? !!!
Yes, I know we could breed them to eat, but I'm really not sure we could eat such cute fuzzy bunnies.
Now if they were white with sticky up ears and pink eyes......




A few crafty makes coming up.
First up is Jonathan,s spinner (fishing tackle used for catching pike)that he made from wood and off cuts of catapault elastic!!! Ingenius!!!





















This is David wielding his shield that he made himself.



His own idea (inspired by a computer game with roman soldiers), design and pretty much unaided...just a little help to work out which way to fold the tin foil around it as we only had one piece just big enough left!!
This is the handle on the reverse.




















And this is a face flannel I made for Rob's mum in Cornwall.




It has a cat in the centre, just in case you couldn't tell!!! I also made some soap sacks that did turn out well in the end. I will try to get a photo of those on here but I forgot to take pictures before I posted them. Doh!!!
I have had some little labels made up to sew into my handmade things. You know the type. Like school name tapes but pretty!!
I'm thinking of setting up an Etsy shop but not sure how to go about that...maybe Ebay would be a start?
And of course, someone had a birthday didn't they!
Here he is blowing out his candles on his caterpillar!!!

He had some lovely presents...photos to follow another day! My little man is 4!!!
Oh yes, and we now have a 5 bedroom house!!
Following Tom's accident the other evening, when he fell through the high sleeper on to the top of William, he has been evicted by William to the bathroom!!!
We are currently converting it, but it makes quite a nice little cosy room for him!! Don't worry, we still have a bathroom. I haven't quite managed to convince Rob to build a compost toilet and solar shower!!!
LOL!!

3 comments:

funkyhan said...

brilliant -- all of it!!

I hear folksy is pretty good for handmade stuff... I'm thinking of doing the same myself if I ever have a chance to do anything ever again :) I did dig in the garden again today, so doing ok I guess... and we bought seeds wooooo!

It always amuses and amazes me how much goes on between our visits with each other, even when they are a few days apart :)

Liz said...

Cool cake! And I would second Folksy - the British version of Etsy and it looks pretty easy to set up a shop, they have a step-by-step thing to help. Your stuff is so cool I'm sure you could sell it easily. I'm also thinking of starting one up - I've started painting again and am thinking of making prints and cards to sell of my paintings

Big mamma frog said...

Ah the infamous caterpillar birthay cakes - yep we've had a few of them in this house (well it's either that or a cake with lego/playmobil on top lol).

Glad to see the furry monster is settling in well. I went to give her an apple yesterday, then remembered that she wasn't there! Duh!