Thursday 18 March 2010

But on the flip side....

having teenage sons means that...

I never have to struggle to carry anything heavy (unless I want to!!!).

I can leave them in charge of bread dough or cakes in the oven knowing that they can check to see if they are cooked before getting them out.

I can text my 13 yr old boy and ask how many stitches there are around the top of his phone sock and get the correct answer!!!

I'm never short of volunteers for a trip to the tip!!

I can leave them at home knowing that they can feed themselves and look after the animals adequately, without having to leave step by step instructions.

they can go down to the local shop and do a good job of buying the right things or making an executive decision if the required item isn't in stock.

my eldest son can use a washing machine.

we can all have a good laugh and a joke together.

I'll never be short of a pair of boots to stick on just to slop down the garden in!!!

I don't always have to take everyone with me to run an errand.

I don't always have to be the one to run an errand!!!


It isn't all bad, see!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiya!
I can honestly say that i am very proud of my grandchildren
and its nice to hear they are learning about life and how it works also that they help thier mum out by helping with the erands etc. a big pat on Rob &Carolyns back for all the hard work teaching them at home
love Granny cornwall

Carolyn said...

Thank you, Granny!!