Wednesday 10 March 2010

Frustration

So, following my visit to the ENT clinic yesterday, I have been told to rest. My mind and my voice!! So I thought that I would use the day to make a few gifts to pop into the post in good time for Sunday.
No, Carolyn, thnk again. Rest? HA!!
Rob took the boys off for a walk and I set to work on a pattern for something that seemed really fitting, and wouldn't take too much time or brain power!! I finished this one in about an hour or so. Pretty isn't it?




Well, I like it.















I don't like this one though.


I started on this second one, using slightly bigger needles and doing it in the round to avoid seams. But the darn thing has nearly beaten me!!!
I have got about half way on each attempt and then either lost a stitch (which in this pattern I am not finding easy to pick up) or just got distracted by the boys and lost my place. Arrrrrgh!!!!
I have unpicked it no less than 5 times. I started again on 2 of those occaisions and still I have not finished it.
It is like a personal vendetta now. I will finish this blasted little thing if it kills me. It may not have the delicate pattern on it like the original, and it may not be as aesthetically pleasing, but it will be fit for the purpose intended, and I hope the recipient appreciates the amount of anguish it has caused!!!!
I will finish it, I will. *grimace*
Rest and relaxation. A little bit of feel good, simple knitting. Yeah, right. The NHS have no idea, do they!!!!! Even knitting causes me stress!! I haven't talked very much though and I haven't shouted once!!! I'm a good girl, I am!!!

I'll post again another day with some more cheerful pictures and thoughts!!! Honest xx

No comments: