Thursday 11 March 2010

Today.

Today, my 3 year old son got up at 6am (as usual!!) and then I remembered that he was no longer my 3 year old, but my 4 year old!!!!
Today, Will carefully opened his presents and cards to preserve the paper and envelopes without eally being asked to.
Today, my 9 year old son answered the phone to his granny and then helped his 4 year old brother to chat to her on the web cam.
Today, David made jelly for his brothers birthday.
Today, my two eldest sons went for a long walk together with the dog.
Today, my eldest sons went to the local shop together to buy food for lunch and post a parcel.
Today, we had an unsavoury character knock on our door, and that of our neighbour, causing me to contact our local community police officer. My eldest son went to talk to our neighbour to make sure he was ok.
Today, I took my 9 year old to his swimming lesson and his older brothers looked after Will between them.

My boys are great!!

Today, my 9 year old son went to the shop for butter and seemed to take a very long time. He came running back, dropped the butter through the cat flap and ran off to play with his friends.


Or so I thought.

A while later, I looked out of the upstairs window to call him in, and he was no where to be seen.
But there was smoke and a fireman attaching a hose to the hydrant in our road.
Tom and Jonathan went out to look for him.
But couldn't find him.
We were all very worried. There was a lot of smoke and flames in the road across from ours.
I called his friends mum... he was already on his way home.

I was very cross but relieved to see him. I shouted a little, but only because I thought he had gone to play in his friends house or gone out of the close without telling me where he was, and I was worried.
He was very upset.
And then I found out.

It was him that saw the fire when it started (a thatched cottage).
It was him and his friend that raised the alarm.
It was David who answered when the fireman asked where the nearest hydrant was.


Today, my 9 year old son was BRILLIANT!!!!

What a day, today was.

3 comments:

Big mamma frog said...

Awww that's wonderful! Feeling all teary now.

And Happy birthday Mr big 4 year old!

Carol said...

Well done David!

And Happy Birthday Will!!

We love you all :-D

Anonymous said...

Well done to my 9yr old Grandson
worring for mum but a big pat on the back David from Granny