Thursday 30 April 2009

Creative morning...

Two posts in one day, eh!
We have been having a creative morning...displacement activity again Bmf!!! Anything but actually get all the camping stuff down from the loft and pack our bags!
So I made these... Now, I'm sure that Sarah you are thinking that they are your fantastic templates, but actually I just used the idea and drew my own!! I've drawn ten but just not got round to cutting out all the fiddly legs yet before laminating them. I love ladybirds!!! Willie wants a set with froggies and lilypads now too...I'll have to have different slant to that one though.
And Tom made these....
QSL cards for contact information for his CB He found a programme on the web to use and then added his call sign and everything. The rough bit of paper in the top right corner is covering the postal address!
So, I have some of Will's trousers to put tighter elastic in, a sleeping bag fleece liner to make for Will and David's bed socks to finish.....eek
But I want to make some alphabet cards, flower and butterfly cards...they are addictive!
I have just been to say goodbye to a good friend of mine who is moving up to the Lakes next week...well, I say good friend because that is what he feels like, but it would be more accurate to say aquaintance, as he was the estate agent we bought our first house from 5 years ago, and sold it with 2 years later! His daughters went to school with mine and although they weren't really friends, we have always enjoyed each others company. There. I hope that is right, Simon, and that is how you would put it!!! But I will miss him...and obviously I am green with envy that he is moving to such a beautiful place!! But I wish you all luck and hope it works out for you...keep in touch!!!
It has left me feeling a bit odd. More unsettled than usual...best not walk down the canal this afternoon then, eh!
I have just discovered another HE family that live VERY near to us (maybe it isn't such an abyss after all) and have siad we will meet up when we get back from hol..... see I am trying to put down roots!



4 comments:

Liz said...

Whenever I look at your blog you've been doing all these fantastically gorgeous educational things, and it makes me feel really inadequate!!

Big mamma frog said...

Another blog entry and another craft accomplishment - you're putting us guys to shame! Have just spent 1.5 hours doing fortnightly shop in Tescos and feeling like my bank account and my soul have been steam rollered :( Anyway I have lots of photos to post up on our blog, but unless I blog every day or two it just becomes too daunting IYKWIM?

Carolyn said...

Thank you *blushing*
No, your're not inadequate...your children are different ages to mine and so it is all different!!! Life is so much simpler when you only have 2 younger ones or 2 that are close in age. Things you do are so much simpler. *sigh*
We di the shoppping thing on Tuesday...a few bits to last until we go away on Saturday...yeah right! We still needed a mortgage to pay for it all!!!

Carol said...

How on earth do you manage to do so many great things AND blog when you're just about to go away for a week! I have to spend the whole week prior to a trip getting myself organised - I can't think of anything else! Oh and BMF.....I haven't blogged for two months.....WHERE DO I START!!!!!!!!!!!