Friday 3 April 2009

Oh dear, I may have done something I will regret.....

Having had a lovely action packed but peaceful few days, I had the bright idea of having a haircut. Not just a trim you understand, but a full blown cut and blow dry. I have not had my hair trimmed since the middle of December and the ends were very much the worse for wear....split and difficult to get a comb through. Also where I had been wearing a clip a lot of the time there was a section in the middle that were damaged too.
So I had a really good cut.....which seemed like a good idea at the time! People who know me from old, will know that I spent a good many years having my hair cut, coloured and permed as my mood changed, so I am used to seeing myself in various different guises. Well, I was. Not any more!
It is a real shock to the system. I may have picked the wrong style for a number of reasons, and here I am stuck with it. Oooops!
Maybe they shouldn't have left me alone?
Maybe I should've gone to the dentist instead? (I'm overdue there aswell, but I would've thought the outcome would've been less drastic!!!)
I have gone for a kind of jaw length bob with a token gesture fringe....I wish I'd had the courage to take a before and after photo! It is a good cut, don't get me wrong. And it suits my face shape. It's just that it makes me look rounder than I already am!!! And possibly younger, but in a more frumpy way!!!
I think I need some layers.....and quick!
But how do you tell a hair dresser that is also your friend that you want it re done? Oh help!
Oh and sadly, there will be no picture to follow. I am not that brave!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Oh go on, just a little pic, I won;t show anyone!

Big mamma frog said...

Haircuts are scary things. But maybe we all have a need to be shaken out of our comfort zone once in a while just to wake us up(even if the end result isn't what we planned lol). Personally I think they should install hairdressers in pubs; then I could have a couple of pints of dutch courage before going under the scissors and would be too drunk to notice the results afterwards...

Carolyn said...

That's what I did!!! A glass of wine at a friends house....oops!

Carolyn said...

Well, maybe when they get home this afternoon....they have the camera. I miss my long locks :-(

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!

Rebecca