Wednesday 13 January 2010

And still it snows....

Am I really the only person left loving the snow?
All the blogs I read seem to be a bit fed up with it....but I'm not!!!!
So, this morning the snowman in the back garden looks like this......

and still it snows.
It has been snowing continuously since first thing this morning. It is beautiful.
This morning I spent the morning in the kitchen ( no change there then, eh?!!) and tried to make lots of good things to eat from what we had in the cupboards.
So I made, with varying amounts of assistance from the boys as they passed through and lingered for a while in the kitchen...
4 loaves of bread from the wheat we ground yesterday.
Carrot and coriander soup from the recipe here
1 batch of apple spice muffins
1 batch of macaroons
Chicken korma
Onion bhajis
Raspberry blancmange (2 pints)
and Jonathan checked on his ginger beer that he has started.

Needless to say in a house full of 6 people, 3 of which are pretty much full grown men, the first four items have pretty much been consumed already, with the next three on the menu for tonight and Jonathan drooling over the last item!!!

Well in the spirit of this post here I think, along with the blue wool for the balaclavas I've knitted. Going to continue on this theme, I think. Not much left in the cupboards to use up though, food wise so will have to look at the wool and material stash and the HE resources!!!!

Looking to have a big shift around here at home so it could be time for some de cluttering too!!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

We had tons of snow yesterday. It now varies in depth from 6 to 12 inches. It is beautiful, but there's so much we want to get on and do that we can't....eg Keira's been busting to go to her swimming lessons but we've missed 2 now :-(
The boys have spent the day n the snow with other villagers - and there is a sense of fun and community. The farmer took us up to one of his fields over the weekend to sledge and snowboard. But we're very much stuck and that is the trouble..........
Still I'm glad you're still enjoying it. We'll all probably miss it when its gone!
Off to bake some goodies too XXX

Anonymous said...

HELLO
ITS NOT FAIR YOU'VE STILL GOT LOTS OF SNOW MINES ALL GONE. NO SNOW WHAT SO EVER
LOL
GRANNY CORNWALL

Big mamma frog said...

Ooh you make it sound so homely and cosy! Have to say novelty of snow is wearing off now. Two weeks of indoors confinement over Christmas/New Year, seeing relatives, friends etc, then nearly another 2 weeks of mostly not being able to get the car out or drive safely, all regular activities cancelled, kids with cabin fever, no social life AT ALL etc. I feel like I haven't seen another adult human for sooo long! Is there anyone out there still? Love the snow, but want my life back!

Louise said...

I'm fed up with the snow now Carolyn, sorry! Well, not the snow per se, more the fact that it curtails things. I haven't taken Jude to his gymnastics class for 2 wks cos it's in he middle of nowhere and I don't want to risk getting stuck or ending up in a ditch! I've been in the house too much since xmas really, and want to get outside again! I did take Jude to school today tho, and enjoyed the snow, just not the slippy pavements. I had my hair cut this am which is why I ventured out, it's nice and short and practical for when the new baby comes and I have no time to fiddle with it.

Your baking sounds lovely, yum. I made a cake this week, orange and apricot loaf, very nice actually. Trouble with baking is, Ollie won't eat most things and Ian doesn't like cake so guess who ends up eating most of it? Not that it really matters at the moment cos I look like an elephant as it is!

See you soon. X.