Tuesday 5 January 2010

Nearly shredless marmalade.

This is my beautiful new preserving pan in action this morning.

And these are the four jars of Lemon and Lime marmalade that I made in it. I have never made marmalade before and this turned out really well. It tastes really yummy. It is not quite shredless, but there are very few bits of peel in it as we all prefer it this way...and I am so pleased with it. Not quite sure why it is orange though!!!!

So a massive thank you to My MIL Maggie who sent me the money to buy it! I also bought a metal jam funnel to go with it, and boy, together they make the job sooooo much easier!!!!
Thank you Maggie xxxx

4 comments:

funkyhan said...

Ooooohhhh Shiney!!!

(can you feel the jam pan envy :D)

Marmalade looks good too!

Carolyn said...

LOL!!!!!
It is gorgeous isn't it!!!

Big mamma frog said...

Very very shiny! Maybe I could get the recipe off you? Though really I should be using up all the fruit in the freezer to make jam first lol.

Carolyn said...

Yes, it is soooo shiny that it looks completely out of place in my less than sparkling kitchen!!!!
I do feel very spoiled to have such a lovely JAM PAN!!!
Recipe is very old one from a preserving book that was my mum's. I'll copy it and add it to the sock pattern!!!
You'll have to email me your address Bmf. I know I had it once but can't find it now!