Tuesday 26 January 2010

A bright idea!

I have to share this...
I made it today in about 10 mins from an old lampshade that was damaged and 3 pieces of A4 card!! It was one of those moments when I was trying desperately to think how to make a new cover for it rather than throw it away. I know that you made a beautiful material one for a table lamp recently, Louise and that got me to thinking. This lampshade was originally made up from the sturdy wire frame and six plastic panels that were like frosted glass with roses embossed on them. So I thought that material covering was perhaps not the way to go. And then, inspiration struck!! The card was some animal print ones that Granny had sent up from Cornwall and so I cut six new panels from the card using the old plastic piece as a template, popped them into place, and voila!!!!

I'm really pleased with it!! As is David, whose room it now illuminates!

4 comments:

funkyhan said...

brilliant!

Big mamma frog said...

cool idea!
I still have the very 70s Womble lampshade from my childhood hanging on the upstairs landing. It's totally inappropriate {g}, but I can't bear to get rid of it lol.

Louise said...

What a cool lampshade. It's amazing how inspiration can strike just like that. Still pregnant, XX

Anonymous said...

well done Carolyn the shade looks great
Granny cornwall